I removed the cast iron exhaust manifold and found a crack in the flange which I had welded as I was unable to source a new exhaust manifold as now obsolete.
I removed the water jacket doors and water manifold and found the inlet out outlet tubes to the exhaust manifold and elbow to be solid with crud which I removed.
I also found the thermostat to be clogged with crud and frozen solid. I was able to source a Lister thermostat opening at 60 degrees C from Rocklea Deisel in Brisbane. I have arranged for replacement water cooling and exhaust gaskets to be made by Gasket Solutions from North Brisbane.
I have restored the Lister brass engine plate and have painted the crank handle in Mid Brunswick Green and varnished the wooden handle.
My progress so far is set out in the attached photos.